Rohini Bugyal Chopta & Chandrashila Trek
Package Cost @ Rs. 7,500/- Per Person
(Minimum booking charges is Rs. 1,000/- per person.)
Tungnath is the highest Shiva temple in the world and is one of the five and the highest Panch Kedar temples located in the mountain range of Tunganath in Rudraprayag district, in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. The Tunganath (literal meaning: Lord of the peaks) mountains form the Mandakini and Alaknanda river valleys.
Located on the Chandranath Parvat in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand, Tunganath is one of the sacred Panch Kedar. It’s the highest temple of Lord Shiva perched at an astounding elevation of 3,680 m (12,073 ft ) above sea level.
The temple is believed to be 1000 years old and is the third (Tritiya Kedar) in the pecking order of the Panch Kedars. It has a rich legend linked to the Pandavas, heroes of the Mahabharata epic.Tung is a Sanskrit name which also means arms and Nath word present to lord Shiva. Since this place worshiped and dedicated to lord Shiva in the form of arm of lord Shiva.
As per the legend and local belief, this temple is associated with the Pandava brothers, at the time of their exile, of Mahabharata. Pandavas after the great battle of Kurukshetra realized that they needed the blessings of Lord Shiva for their deliverance. But Lord Shiva was not willing and so evaded them. To avoid Pandavas, he dived into the ground leaving his hump on the surface. Yudishter, the eldest brother of Pandavas built a temple there and worshiped. The remaining portion of Lord Shiva reappeared at four other places. It is said that the Head of Lord Shiva appeared at Pashupatinath which is in Nepal, the thighs appeared at Tungnath where Arjuna built a temple and worshiped, the middle portion at Madmaheshwar where Bhima built a temple and the lock with head appeared at Kalpeshwar where Nakula, one of the brothers of Pandavas worshipped. Therefore these places are known as the Panch Kedars. Also another legend states that Ravana performed penance in order to please Lord Shiva at this site.
This places is known as Tungnath. Chopta, Tungnath,. Chandrashila is an extremely picturesque trek in the Garhwal Himalayas and it can be undertaken throughout the year. The Chopta Chandrashila trek 2017, which can be journeyed all throughout the year, is considered as one of the best moderate treks in the Indian Himalayan.
Region:- Rudraprayag district (Uttarakhand)
Trek duration:- 3 Night / 4 Days
Trek grade:- Easy to moderate
Trek max. altitude:- 13,100 Ft.
Trek distance:- 25 km.
Journey Route (248 km):- Dehradun / Rishikesh – Sari village
Trek Route (21 km):- Sari village – Deoriatal – Rohini Bugyal – Chopta – Tungnath – Chandrashila
Day 1:- Dehradun / Rishikesh – Sari Village - Trek to Deoriatal (192 km & 3 km trek / 7-8 hrs)
On arrival our representative takes to the Deoriatal area which is at distance of 3 km from Sari village & its at an altitude of 7,800 ft. Once you start your trek, you will reach ther in 1-2 hrs & then you can see the reflection of amazing surroundings in the crystal clear lake. Have dinner and enjoy the camp night which is gripped with forests all around.
Day 2:- Deoriatal - Rohini Bugyal - Chopta (14 km trek)
Wake up and capture the essence of the Deoriatal around Sunrise. Second Day will start with a breakfast and start the trek to Chopta. It is at distance of 14 km & trekking time is approx 7-8 hours, which is at an altitude 8,700 ft. asl. Walking across the forest ridges and Rohini Bugyal, you find spectacular views with Himalayan birds chirping, forest and waterfalls all around. After walking a beautiful trek, you come finally reach Chopta around 5 pm in the evening. A wonderful campsite awaits you at Chopta. Have delicious dinner and take rest in camps.
Day 3:- Chopta - Tungnath Temple - Chandrashila Peak (4 km trek )
Wake up early and Leave for the trek to Tunganath Temple & Chandrashilla. Trek distance is 4 km & it will take your 2-3 hour to reach there. It is at an altitude of 13,100 ft. This route passes the iconic Tungnath Temple at 12000 feet. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, this temple is located in Tungnath Range and happens to be the highest Shiva Temple in the world.
Once at the top of the peak of Chandrashilla, you get a 360 degree view of the mountains of Garhwal and Kumaon. Walk past a temple and see some great mountains of Uttarakhand, like Nanda Devi, Trishul, Nandaghunti, Kamet, Dunagiri, Chaukhamba, Kedar dome, Thalaysagar, Gangotri ranges, Jahanukut and more. Later we get back to Chopta campsite & have pahadi food there.
The sunrise view from this spot is the best you will get to see in all of the Himalayas.
Day 4:- Chopta - Dehradun / Rishikesh (204 km / 7 hrs approx)
Good morning to Last day of Trip !! Have Breakfast and move to :
Travel back to Dehradun / Rishikesh with happy memories of Deoriatal, Rohini Bugyal & Chopta trek.
!! An Unforgettable Journey will be ended here !!
- You can change your itinerary according to your comfort and rate can be change according to group of travelers.
- Transport would be arranged by Himalayan Eco Tourism & Agriculture Development company on request.
- Trekker can choose the first & last day stay of Home stay or Camping as per their own comfort.
- Last day hotel (in emergency case) can be arranged by Himalayan Eco Tourism & Agriculture Development Company but payment pay by clients directly.
- Day 1: Dehradun / Rishikesh To Sari Village To Deoriatal
- Altitude 7,800 ft.
- Travel 192 km approx. (07 hours for traveling).
- 3 km trek to Deoriatal.
- Stay at Deoriatal campsite.
- Day 2: Deoriatal To Rohini Bugyal To Chopta
- Altitude 8,700 ft.
- 14 km trek.
- The trail passes through dense pine forests and some meadows area.
- Breakfast at Chopta campsite.
- Packed lunch will be provided in campsite.
- Stay at Chopta campsite or Guest house.
- Day 3: Chopta To Tungnath Temple To Chandrashila To Chopta
- Altitude 13,000 ft.
- 4 Km Trek.
- You will also pass through some meadows where you can spot shepherd log huts area & after that its gives you full open view around you till Chandrashila.
- Breakfast in campsite.
- Packed lunch will be provided in campsite.
- Stay at Chopta campsite / Guest house.
- Day 4: Chopta To Dehradun / Rishikesh
- Return from Chopta to Dehradun / Rishikesh.
- Travel 204 km approx. (07 hours for traveling).
- Accommodation for 3 Night / 4 Days (Camps or Guest house).
- Meals while on trek (Organic traditional food + Egg)
- Trek equipments (Tent, sleeping bag, mattress, Kitchen & dinning tent, crampon, utensils)
- Local Guide, Cook & Support staff for whole trek.
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- All necessary forest permits and entry fees.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Transport (pick & drop).
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in Itinerary.
Need to carry with you
- Back pack and rain cover (50/60 ltr).
- Trek pants, T-shirts(Full sleaves), Wind and waterproof Jakcet (Light and warm), Woolen Gloves and Thermal Inners.
- Walking stick (Advisable at least one).
- Water Bottle (Two bottles of 1 litre each).
- Snacks (Energy bars,Ors and dryfruits).
- Personal Medical Kit (at least some needy stuff).
Home Stay / Village Tour
Our New Trek
My name is Shashank P Singh and i did Brahmtal Trek alongwith my 3 friends with Trekiking.com. Trekking with this company has been an awesome and a life time experience. It was mind blowing. The scenery was beautiful and lively all through-out the trek. Camp sites were good. And the best part was the team. Specially Negi Ji (Kuldeep Negi). He never let us feel that we are away from home. He provided a lot of information; had lots of informative chats with him and he didn’t let the spirits go down.
– Shashank P Singh